Maraschino liqueur sounds obscure but it’s often hiding in plain sight. Seek it for this simple, classic cocktail.
SERVINGS: MAKES 1
- 2 ounces Blue Beetle gin
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- Maraschino cherry (for serving)
- Combine gin, lemon juice, and maraschino liqueur in a cocktail shaker. Fill shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds.
- Place cherry in a martini glass and strain cocktail through a Hawthorne strainer or a slotted spoon into glass.
Recipe by Chris Morocco
Photograph by Ted Cavanaugh